In today’s episode, Jimmy meets Jason Van Camp to discuss the value of being uncomfortable and how that is essential to the Hero’s Journey.
The Cashflow Tactics Team is pleased to welcome Jason back to the podcast. He is a former Green Beret, best-selling author, and founder of Mission Six Zero, a leadership consulting company.
In a world where everybody is telling you to seek comfort and take the easy path, Jason tells people to do the exact opposite: seek discomfort.
It’s a counterintuitive approach. We’re conditioned to choose comfort but taking the road less traveled, being vulnerable, daring to do something, or doing something that scares you is what brings you to success.
Most of the time, breaking something and building it all over is what it takes to improve it. That’s why for us humans, there is no growth in the comfort zone. We have to choose hard things, or hard things will choose us, you know, it’s going to happen either way. We just have to be proactive about it.
- Introduction (0:00)
- A counterintuitive idea that works so well (3:20)
- The story behind The Deliberate Discomfort (18:39)
- The benefits of embracing being uncomfortable (26:23)
- Becoming the person you were destined to be (29:56)
- The Deliberate Discomfort Challenge (31:21)